Would you like to work in a small school in a big community? At Prendergast Vale School we believe all our pupils can achieve success in life by working hard and being kind.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced teacher to the post of Deputy Headteacher from September 2022 or January 2023. The postholder will have strategic leadership and management of Key Stages 3 & 4 across the school. You will also be responsible for developing the school timetable and managing performance and assessment.
As a member of SLT, the Deputy Headteacher will play an important role in the overall leadership and management of the school. In particular, you will work closely with the Headteacher to lead and develop an outstanding, inclusive, comprehensive education that serves the local community.
Prendergast Vale School is a small all through school providing high quality education from nursery to Year 11, which aims to transform the lives of all the children who attend our school. By keeping the school small, we have created a community of pupils and teachers where no pupil is left behind and it has enabled us to create an environment in which pupils want to learn, achieve and behave well. The school benefits from being part of the Leathersellers’ Federation of Schools.
The successful candidate will have:
- the knowledge and skills to lead on raising the attainment and development of KS3 and KS4;
- the ability to be the strategic lead on transition arrangements for Yr6 to Yr7 students raising the profile of the school as a destination of choice for the local community it serves;
- a track record of outstanding teaching across Key Stages 3 to 4;
- significant relevant experience of contributing to whole school issues;
- proven ability and enthusiasm to motivate students and staff;
- the ability to raise expectations and aspirations of students of all abilities.
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package including:
- Teachers pension and Local Government Pension scheme
- Employer funded healthcare scheme
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Home electronics scheme
- Affordable travel card loan scheme
Visits to the school are welcome; please contact Ruth Retamino, PA to Headteacher on email R.Retamino@prendergast-vale.com or telephone 020 8297 3540 extension 4003 to arrange.
Interviews: Wednesday 25 & Thursday 26 May 2022
Please note CVs are not accepted.
The Leathersellers’ Federation of schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all employees are required to have an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Appointment will be subject to qualifications, experience checks and satisfactory references.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.