We wish to appoint a skilled and enthusiastic person to join our Inclusion Team. You will play a key role in expanding our Learning Mentor programme of intensive support for targeted students. Mentors are responsible for delivering 1:1 and small group interventions with students to significantly improve their behaviour (both social and learning), progress and attendance.
You will also be responsible for supervising students excluded from, or not working to, a normal timetable.
The successful candidate will:
- have a proven track record of successfully working with disadvantaged and disaffected young people;
- have a desire to promote high expectations and aspirations for young people;
- enjoy helping young people to overcome barriers to learning in order to raise attainment, attendance and achievement;
- be able to work both independently and as part of a team;
- have safeguarding experience;
- be self-motivated, enthusiastic, creative and adaptable;
- be able to remain calm in difficult circumstances;
- be able to problem solve, use their initiative and work autonomously.
Salary: Scale 6 (£28,752 - £29,796) pro-rata
Prendergast Ladywell School is part of the Leathersellers’ Federation of Schools; we believe that all our students can achieve excellence and that they deserve the very best support and resources to reach their potential. Our caring environment values achievement and we insist on tolerance and mutual respect.
We look forward to receiving applications from candidates who would relish the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the continued success and development of our school.
Interviews: Friday 4 October 2019
Please note CVs are not accepted.
The Leathersellers’ Federation of schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all employees are required to have an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Appointment will be subject to qualifications, experience checks and satisfactory references.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.